Terms and Conditions for Hedgehog Corner: The Retreat Cottage & Acorns Apartment
- All accommodation at Hedgehog Corner is exclusively for adults.
(We have a family friendly cottage, Goodlands www.lymeregisluxurycottage.co.uk).
- Regret no pets (except Assistance Dogs).
- Arrival: 4 p.m.– 8 p.m. please. Departure by 10.30am please.
- Later by prior arrangement please.
- Please phone on 01297 32036 if delayed.
- Our mobile number is on your booking confirmation.
- Non-smoking within any property.
- If your online booking is same day please phone as well to confirm on 01297 32036.
We regret we cannot accept early arrivals of either guests or luggage before 4 p.m.
Please double check the dates and accommodation you have booked.
Please note: Failure to arrange late arrival prior to arrival date or failure to contact us prior to 8 p.m. on date of arrival will result in our treating the booking as a cancellation.
We are available 24/7 but please phone my mobile number on door key tag and front door or ring front door bell.
Tariff and payment
- Availability and tariff can be seen and booked online in minutes.
(See Online Booking on main menu.)
- Payment is taken in full at time of booking. Receipt on arrival.
- Debit card no surcharge. 2.5% surcharge for Credit cards.
- Regret no Amex, Diners Club or cheques accepted.
- Tariff includes VAT No: 981 7201 15. VAT receipt emailed on booking.
Minimum Stay: see our live on line booking system
Retreat & Acorns: Self Catering: Includes Breakfast Basket with 2 to 3 day supply. No room tidies.
Note Retreat & Acorns near each other, easily accessed and bookable for 2 couples at the same time.
Retreat & Acorns: Minimum stay 2 nights and any 1 night gaps between bookings, 3 nights some Bank Holidays. See our live on line booking system.
Agency bookings: T&Cs as per agency used (which may differ from these).
- Written confirmation with reason needed to put into effect any cancellation.
- If room/s re-let for full period booked refund may be given less 10%.
- No refunds for last minute cancellations (i.e. within 48 hours of 4 p.m. arrival time) or for early departures.
- We are unable to offer transfer of bookings. Amendments subject to T&Cs.
- Any refunds are entirely at the sole discretion of the management whose decision is final. Correspondence cannot be entered into.
- For Agency bookings see T&Cs with agency responsible for those bookings.
Please, please, please consider holiday insurance, particularly in winter months and check policy covers car travel as some only cover public transport. We have had snow for several winters, which now comes as no surprise. So please insure your holiday to cover all types of cancellation. Some banks and credit cards automatically give holiday cover but please check with your provider.
Towels, toiletries & Bedding
- We offer full non-feather bedding
- All linen and towels. Eco toiletries + starter items such as loo rolls, dishwasher & washing machine tablets, tea towels, washing up liquid and cloths etc.
- Breakfast Basket with each booking contains.
Clipper refreshments, milk, cereals, Lyme Bay ground coffee, Joy's own homemade bread, butter, Hedgehog Corner miniature preserves, orange juice, Four Elms Fruit Farm apple juice, free range eggs and Hedgehog Corner Muesli.
Dietary requests – 24 hours’ notice please i.e. Gluten Free Bread.
Please be aware nuts are used in some products. No smoking inside any property/accommodation.
We cannot accommodate your pets. Assistance dogs are welcome.
Retreat & Acorns Apartment: rooms are not tidied daily.
Acorns – complimentary and excellent reception.
Retreat doesn't have wi fi, but it is available at main house in outer front door porch with chair provided.
As a guest at these premises using the broadband facilities, the hirer and/or their guests agree that they will not use the service for unlawful or illegal purposes.
Iron and ironing board
Retreat & Acorns Apartment have iron and ironing board.
One promo per booking if more than one running at any time.
As this is a regular occurrence we regret we have to charge as this involves a special trip to the Post Office.
Full Access Statement is available on Home page or please phone to discuss your requirements.
- Drive has a slight slope so sensible footwear advisable.
- Front door drop off and parking for elderly or infirm – let us know prior to arrival so we can open the gates.
- This property is not suitable for those with impaired mobility or wheelchair users.
- Steps to Retreat & Acorns easy risers, approx 10 steps to Retreat and 3 easy risers to Acorns.
Any accident or injury sustained in any circumstances on our premises must be reported immediately to Proprietor and a report filed in our Accident Book which you should then sign and us likewise or we will not deem it to have occured on our property.
In the unlikely event of a major event forcing us to close any accommodation (e.g. electrical failure, fire damage) we give as much notice as possible and will refund any monies paid by you for a deposit or full payment, this being the full limitation of our responsibility to you. We will not accept liability for any of your travel costs or related expenses. We will endeavour to assist you in finding alternative accommodation if at all possible.
If you have a complaint we would appreciate you having the good manners to tell us personally whilst here so we have the opportunity to remedy it. The person who makes the booking is the person responsible and any concerns should be raised by them.
We reserve the right to charge your card for damage or recover our insurance excess from you (e.g. breakages, red wine stains or hot tong marks) or to charge for missing items e.g. keys. The person who makes the booking is responsible for any damage and all payments.
We hope that guests appreciate that these Terms and Conditions set out clearly and in detail are for all of our assistance and benefit.
Miss Joy Raymond - Sole proprietor.