Terms and Conditions for Hedgehog Corner B&B and Retreat Self Catering Cottage
- Exclusively for adults.
(We have a family friendly cottage, Goodlands, just along the road).
- Regret no pets
(except Assistance Dogs).
- Arrival: 4 p.m.–8 p.m. please.
- Later by prior arrangement.
- Please phone on 01297 32036 if delayed.
Our mobile number is on your booking confirmation.
- Departure: by 10.30 a.m. please.
- Non-smoking throughout inside of B&B or Retreat.
- If your online booking is within 24 hrs. please phone as well to confirm on 01297 32036.
We regret we cannot accept early arrivals of either guests or luggage as we need until 4 p.m. to prepare your room.
Please double check the dates and room choice you have booked.
Please note: Failure to arrange late arrival prior to arrival date or failure to contact us prior to 8 p.m. on date of arrival to indicate delays will result in our treating the booking as a cancellation.
We are available 24/7 but please phone my mobile number on door key tag and front door or ring front door bell.
Tariff and payment
- Availability and tariff can be seen and booked online in minutes.
(See Online Booking on main menu.)
- Single rate available in winter on some week nights - see Online Booking.
- Payment is taken in full at time of booking. Receipt on arrival.
- Debit card no surcharge. 2.5% surcharge for Credit cards.
- Regret no Amex, Diners Club or cheques accepted.
- Tariff includes VAT No: 981 7201 15. VAT receipt emailed on booking on request.
Minimum stay 2 nights:
- all weekends (Fri. & Sat. evenings) all year round.
- from May - September inclusive
- plus Easter, Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year.
(Any 1 night gaps between bookings will be released online or please phone us).
Minimum stay 2 nights all year round.
Agency bookings: T&Cs as per agency used (which may differ from these).
Green Discount 5%
If you travel to us by public transport we are pleased to offer you 5% discount on your booking on presentation of a travel ticket for that journey (subject to T&Cs conditions). Use promo code GREEN on the booking form or mention it if booking by phone.
- Written confirmation with reason needed to put into effect any cancellation.
- If room/s re-let for full period booked refund may be given less 25%.
- No refunds for last minute cancellations (i.e. within 48 hours of 4 p.m. arrival time) or for early departures.
- We are unable to offer transfer of bookings. Amendments subject to T&Cs.
- Any refunds are entirely at the sole discretion of the management whose decision is final. Correspondence cannot be entered into.
- For Agency bookings see T&Cs with agency responsible for those bookings.
Please consider holiday insurance, particularly in winter months and check policy covers car travel as some only cover public transport. We have had snow for several winters, which now comes as no surprise. So please insure your holiday to cover all types of cancellation. Some banks and credit cards automatically give holiday cover but please check with your provider.
Towels and toiletries
- 3 towels (2 for a 1 night stay) and flannel for each guest.
- We offer full non-feather bedding in the B&B and Retreat.
- B&B: range of quality Eco toiletries
- Retreat: hand soap and hand lotion + starter items such as loo rolls, dishwasher tablets, tea towels, washing up liquid and cloths etc.
- full cooked breakfast menu on the website.
- We can offer a vegetarian menu, soya milk and homemade gluten-free bread.
- Breakfast is served from 7.30 a.m. onwards.
- Early morning departures: We can provide a breakfast box in your room if you would like breakfast before 7.30a.m.
- Christmas Day B&B is continental breakfast.
- Light Breakfast Box:
refreshments, milk, 4 x 40 gm. cereals, homemade bread, butter, miniature preserves, orange juice and free range eggs.
Please note your requests on booking form online or send us an e mail 24 hours before arrival. Dietary requests – 24 hours’ notice please.
Please be aware nuts are used in some products. No smoking within the B&B or Retreat.
We cannot accommodate your pets as we have a pet dog in our apartment which is kept away from guests. Assistance dogs are welcome.
B&B room servicing
- Once booked in, the room is available to you 24/7.
- B&B: rooms serviced until 11.45a.m.
- Retreat: rooms are not tidied daily.
B&B – complimentary. Retreat has 24/7 access to main house B&B. Key given on arrival.
Iron and ironing board
B&B: provided on request for use downstairs only. Retreat has iron and ironing board.
Twice weekly is now the norm; we have to charge £5 + p&p as this involves a special trip to the Post Office.
Full Access Statement is available on Home page or please phone to discuss your requirements.
- Drive has a slight slope so sensible footwear advisable. Use rear access via garden if in any doubt about walking down the sloping drive.
- Front door drop off and parking for elderly or infirm – let us know prior to arrival so we can open the gates.
- All house bedrooms on first floor via staircase. This property is not suitable for those with impaired mobility or wheelchair users.
- Steps to Retreat from car park.
Any accident or injury sustained in any circumstances on our premises must be reported immediately to a member of staff and a report filed in our Accident Book which you should then sign.
In the unlikely event of a major event forcing us to close either the B&B or room/s (e.g. electrical failure, fire damage) we give as much notice as possible and will refund any monies paid by you for a deposit or full payment, this being the full limitation of our responsibility to you. We will not accept liability for any of your travel costs or related expenses. We will endeavour to assist you in finding alternative accommodation if at all possible.
If you have a complaint we would appreciate you having the good manners to tell us personally whilst here so we have the opportunity to remedy it. The person who makes the booking is the person responsible and any concerns should be raised by them. We cannot enter discussions raised by a 3rd party.
We reserve the right to charge for damage or recover our insurance excess from you (e.g. red wine spilt or hot tong marks on carpet) or to charge for missing items e.g. keys.
We hope that guests appreciate that these Terms and Conditions set out clearly and in detail are for all of our assistance and benefit.
Miss Joy Raymond - Sole proprietor.