Access Statement for ACORNS and THE RETREAT (Goodlands has own web site)
We welcome all and make every endeavour to meet guests needs. Just phone for a chat or send an email to discuss any individual requirements..
Your Safety for Peace of Mind
I should like to reassure guests this is a professionally run establishment of some 16 years in business complying with regulations pertaining to Business Public Liability Insurance, Fire, Health and Safety, Food Safety, online card security PCI regulated and VAT number 981 7201 15. Book with me with confidence.
Joy is often invited to take part in the Devon & Somerset Fire Service media coverage as a good example to highlight the relatively new fire safety requirements for all accommodations.
Joy has relevant Food and Hygiene Certifications Level 2 and East Devon Council Environmental Inspection Certification.
Goodlands Access Statement on the Goodlands web site
Welcome to Excellence accreditation in all categories
- Telephone: 01297 32036 (9a.m. - 7p.m. please). email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.hedgehogcorner.co.uk.
- Clear tariff on web site online booking and given via email or phone call with booking confirmation and VAT registration number 981 7201 15. All prices include VAT.
- Prior phone calls, emails or visits for inspection welcomed. Video of accommodation on this web site.
- Detailed information on local services given on booking: Nearest train station Axminster (approx. 2 miles away).
- Bus 31 from Axminster station to top of our road (approx 500 metres walk, no pavement, no street lights).
- Taxi numbers available and sent on booking. Approx. 5 minutes taxi ride. Google map on web site.
- No collection service provided by us is available as this would contravene local council guidelines as we are not a licenced taxi firm.
- Flowers and champange can be booked in advance and delivered by licenced florist and special dates kept secret for surprises.
- Blue Badge parking and radar toilets in local towns of Axminster, Lyme Regis, Charmouth, Seaton and Beer. Further information available on arrival.
- Staff on site to assist guests.
- Non smoking throughout property.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities (Arrivals welcome from 4p.m. - 8p.m. and later by arrangement)
- Plenty of on-site, well-lit and signed private car parking. Drive is on a slight slope.
- Level drop off point at front door for Acorns (Notify in advance so gates are open for guests and space reserved by front door if required). Large cars may wish to use Main Car Park at top of drive.
- Tarmac driveway and advisory signs for those with leather soled shoes.
- Speed calming bump on driveway, no barriers.
- Contact phone numbers displayed in porch.
- Sorry we cannot accommodate your pets or accompanying children under 16 years of age.
- Clear signage in place on the road and property for arrivals, roadside house name, parking and reception.
- Route from car park to entrance on slight slope. Well lit with sensor lights. Emergency Torch at Retreat entrance Gate and in Main Reception Porch.
- Steps to Retreat and Acorns are easy risers. Retreat has approx 10 steps, Acorns 3.
- Arrival time 4p.m. - 8p.m. please. Personal welcome from Joy at Reception of main house (well signed)
- Late arrivals by prior notice. Key safe - if needed code sent in advance to you by phone, text and or e mail.
Main Entrance, Reception Area
- Key with tab and mobile contact number given on arrival.
- Escorted tour given to each new arrival.
- Reception closed 1p.m. - 4p.m. (unless in emergency) and signed outside property, web site, booking confirmation and in information book.
- Level ground floor accommodation and flooring in Retreat & Acorns.
- Provision for service dogs, water bowl, excercise area, bedding, tinned dog food.
- Free public Wifi.
- No provision for pet dogs.
- No grab rails in public areas.
- No baby changing facilities as exclusively for adults. (Children welcome at Goodlands).
- All guests requiring wet clothes to be dried are catered for with washer driers and airer in each property.
- Walkers can wash and dry boots overnight.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- No bedrooms are suitable for wheel chair use.
- TVs have Freeview and Teletext.
- Routes in bedrooms unobstructed.
- Bedding: non feather provided with full linen and towels.
- Retreat bed also has a feather topper which can easily be removed before arrival.
- Acorns Tempura Memor Foam mattress. Brass bed.
- Information book provided
- Iron and board provided: Hair drier, torch and walking hi-vis jackets.
- Heating Radiators with thermostatic controls, electric fan heater and cooling fan.
- Pet free. (Owner has small pet dog in private accommodation that is kept away from all guests at all times).
- Floor surfaces vynyl laminate and tiled.
- Taps are lever. Just ask for detailed information.
- Shower/bath non slip mats provided
- Slipper bath in Acorns has no handles on side of bath.
- Large shower cubicles in Acorns & Retreat.
Grounds and Gardens
- Laid to lawn with surrounding flower beds.
- Gardens: level acess and step acess.
- Seats for resting.
- Use of field for walking.
- Field has a slight slope with level top and bottom
- Car access to field or walking.
- Evacution procedures on information sheet in room. Assembly point marked in car park. Full fire emergency lighting in place and fire extinguishers.
- Staff have attended 'Welcome All' courses, Customer Service, Food Safety, Fire Safety and Health & Safety.
- Service dogs welcome.
- Non smoking policy throughout property. No background music. No interconnecting rooms. Staff on hand to assist with contact numbers in rooms and public areas inside and outside of property.
Hedgehog Corner Guest Accommodation
Lyme Road (B3165)
Uplyme, Nr. Axminster
Devon EX13 5SU
Telephone: 01297 32036
Hours of operation: Reception closed 1p.m. - 4p.m.
To endeavour to welcome all and make and add improvements and equipment whenever and wherever possible as the opportunities arise.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments please phone 0129732036 or email email@example.com.