Joy established Hedgehog Corner in 1999 returning to her roots after a 20 year career in London. Joy is fifth generation - the daughter of a local farmer and cider maker - with a wealth of local knowledge to share with you. Joy can help you choose the best places to visit, cheapest parking spots and give an insight into the wide variety of fabulous places to eat locally from Hunters Lodge Inn within walking distance and River Cottage HQ just over a mile away - to the Hive Beach Café by the sea.
The Hat Trick 2013: Overall winner in the following top three Awards for Guest Accommodation:
* Winner National UK Green Tourism in Business Gold Star 2013 UK
* Winner Taste of the West Hospitality 2013 Guest Accommodation
* Winner Devon Tourism 2013 Winner Best Guest Accommodation
- Overall Winner Taste of the West & Gold Award 2013
- Overall Winner Guest Accommodation Devon Tourism 2013
- Overall Winner UK Green Tourism in Business & Gold Award 2013
- 5 Star East Devon Environmental Health Rating for 2015
- Silver Award Guest Accommodation of the Year Devon Tourism 2011
- Bronze Award Sustainable Tourism Devon Tourism 2013
- Highly Commended Guest Accommodation South West Tourism 2012
- Highly Commended Sustainability South West Tourism 2013
- Staff Silver Award for "Outstanding Customer Service" South West Tourism 2013
- Staff Bronze Award for "Outstanding Customer Service" Devon 2012
- Prue Leith (Kensington) School of Cookery Diploma 1991
- Winner of Lyme Regis Best Garden Competition 2000, 2007 and 2011
- Wildlife Certificate of Merit 2013 Lyme Regis Garden Competition
- Welcome to Excellence Hospitality NCFE + Visit Devon, Jurassic Coast & Gold Host.
- Jurassic Coast Quality in Business Accreditation
- BQF Committed to Excellence Accreditation (EFQM/C2F) Programme Certificate
- Safer Food Better Business Certificate - EDDC
- Food Safety in Catering Certificate - CIEH
- Health & Safety Certificate - CIEH
- Deputy Chairman of Axminster Tourist Information Centre
- Included in Rose Prince (Telegraph's Food Writer) "Guide to Local Produce" 2010, 2011 and 2012
- One of the "The Top 100 Places to Stay in England" Sunday Times Magazine & enjoyEngland
- STEM Ambassador for Schools (Hospitality & Tourism)
- Member of the ASPIRE programme with Axe Valley College (Hospitality & Tourism)
- Member of DEBI (Devon Environmental Business Initiative)
- Leeson House Field Studies Centre Joy is a visiting lecturer in Hospitality
- Ambassador for East Devon AONB (Area of Outstanding National Beauty)
Awards and Why We Have Them
The inspiration all stems from Joy's wish to improve every area of our accommodation and deliver excellent customer service.
We hope our achievements reassure future guests that a high level of hospitality and accommodation will be provided during their stay - as well as value for money and a warm welcome - all endorsed by professionals within the hospitality industry.
We are VAT registered which is a reflection of our transparency and success built up over 15 years in business. We do not add VAT to the rate but have absorbed it into our tariff - this keeps us competitively priced when compared to other accommodations.
Fire Safety: For your peace of mind we comply with the Fire Safety Order of 2005 - which is now pertinent to all Guest Accommodations.
Access Statement Available on this web site or just phone for a chat to see if we can meet your requirements. Assistance dogs i.e. guide and hearing dogs most welcome.
Winning Devon Tourism Best Guest Accommodation 2013
Winning UK Goldstar GTBS 2013