We welcome all and make every endeavour to meet guests needs. Just send via our contact form on this web site to discuss any individual requirements i.e.allergies.
Below you will find information on How to Use the Hot Tub and Property Information.
Your Safety for Peace of Mind
I should like to reassure guests this is a professionally run establishment of some 21 years in business complying with regulations pertaining to COVID Safety, Business Public Liability Insurance, Fire, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Hot Tub HSE Safety Guidelines in place, PAT testing. Secure web site. Book with me with confidence.
East Devon Council Environmental Inspection Certification Grade 5 covering Hot Tubs.
Information about your own Hot Tub and how to use it can be found below.
I hope guests will be reassured to learn that Hedgehog Corner with it’s two self catering properties has been accredited by Visit England as Covid Clean with their ‘Good to Go’ , World Travel Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ Logo and also as ‘Safe Clean and Legal’ from the inspector with ‘Quality in Tourism’. This a detailed property inspection to ensure I provide the correct COVID safety, business insurance, H&S, Hot Tub Safety, ICO for Data Protection, fire safety protection, and electrical certifications plus a high standard of property cleanliness for my guests.
With so many self catering properties springing up in popular areas I am delighted to receive this accreditation that is reviewed annually. Please scroll down page.
How to use the Hot Tub from 8am – 11pm
Full information is in both The Retreat and Acorns with a Health & Safety Sign next to each Tub.
Use Hot Tub at your own Risk. Heated at a constant 38c. Please wear swimwear. Tub towels and plastic slip on sandals provided.
Please no smoking when in Hot Tub. On a sunny day the sun will reflect off the water – causing sun burn. Use huge 2.7m x 2.7m patio cantilever umbrella provided for Acorns and Pagoda shelter for Retreat hot tub.
Please follow these safety rules
For the use of guests at Hedgehog Corner only
- HOT TUBS: 3 small steps to get in (80cm high and 200cm wide). Contact Joy for more information.
- Guests are advised to grip side of Hot Tub and move slowly when getting in and out of Tub.
- We check the sanitisation of the Hot Tubs on a daily/twice daily basis (without disturbing guests).
- One of the choice of light sequences in the Hot Tub is “Disco” flashing lights.
- No solo bathing and no use by children aged 16 and under
- In emergency switch off at main switch on wall.
- Acorns has huge 2.7m x 2.7m cantilever umbrella for rain or sun
- Retreat has a roofed pergola over hot tub
Use Hot Tub easy lid lifter and cover handles when moving cover
To remove cover lift one half up and back over with handle first then slide into Tub Lifter and tilt lifter upward – picture guide in Hot Tub Towel Plastic Box with each property. In Retreat by door. In Acorns in bedroom.
You must replace Hot Tub cover after each use to keep in
Do not sit or lie down on Hot Tub cover when on or off
Turn off jets after use by returning the grey bubble knobs back to off (when in the tub to your left) when out of tub to your right
Garden Lights are on sensor or turn off when retiring
Do not use soaps or oils in Tub
Shower before using Tub
No Smoking when in Tub
Limit your soak to 15 minutes and cool off before re entry.
Excessive prolonged soaking will induce dizzy spells, dehydration and other medical issues.
No children or babies to use Tub
Use Tub Towels provided
Pause between pressing the Hot Tub buttons or you will kick in another filter cycle.
The Hot Tub filters twice a day.
You may get out of the Hot Tub & turn the “bubbles” grey knobs off & it still “filters”.
The Hot Tub regulates itself to the set temperature of 38c.
No glass to be used, left or placed near tub – use polycarbonate ones provided and wash by hand after use
Do not use alcohol, narcotics or medications in Tub or before use of Tub
Consult doctor if elderly or have heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure, serious illness or have had diarrhoea within 14 days
Do not enter if temperature more than 104F or 40C
Jets stop every 20 minutes automatically to ensure you take a break
Please let me know if anything isn’t working so I can get it fixed – I am not a dragon
Fortunately we now carry a fully operational spare Hot Tub near your property in the owners garden.
Welcome to Excellence accreditation in all categories
Assistance dogs i.e. guide and hearing dogs most welcome.
- Website: www.hedgehogcorner.co.uk.
- Clear tariff on web site online booking and given via email or phone call with booking confirmation
- Prior phone calls, emails or visits for inspection welcomed. Video of accommodation on this web site.
- Detailed information on local services given on booking: Nearest train station Axminster (approx. 2 miles away).
- Bus X51 & X53 from Axminster station to top of our road (approx 500 meters walk, no pavement, no street lights).
- Taxi numbers available on web site & at properties. Approx. 5 minutes taxi ride.
- Google map on web site.
- No collection service provided by us is available as this would contravene local council guidelines as we are not a licensed taxi firm.
- Key Safe Box Code – emailed to you 6 & 2 days prior arrival. Bring it with you!
- Blue Badge parking and radar toilets in local towns of Axminster, Lyme Regis, Charmouth, Seaton and Beer. Further information available on arrival.
- Staff on site to assist guests 24/7
- Non smoking inside of properties.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities (Arrivals welcome from 3pm. – 8pm. and later by arrangement)
Electric Car Charger Type 2 at Hedgehog Corner
- Plenty of on-site, well-lit and signed private car parking. Drive is on a slight slope.
- Level drop off point at front door for Acorns (Notify in advance so gates are open for guests and space reserved by front door if required). Large cars may wish to use Main Car Park at top of drive.
- Tarmac driveway and advisory signs for those with leather soled shoes.
- Speed calming bump on driveway, no barriers.
- Contact phone numbers displayed in porch.
- Sorry we cannot accommodate your pets or accompanying children under 18 years of age.
- Clear signage in place on the road and property for arrivals, roadside house name, parking and reception.
- Route from car park to entrance on slight slope. Well lit with sensor lights. Emergency Torch at Retreat entrance Gate and in Main Reception Porch.
- Steps to Retreat and Acorns are easy risers. Retreat has approx 10 steps, Acorns 3.
- Arrival time 3pm – 8pm please. Joy usually at Reception of main house (well signed)
- Late arrivals by prior notice. Key safe is sent in advance to you by phone, text and or e mail.
- Bring key safe code with you!
Parking in Lyme Regis for those with Mobility Issues
please contact Lyme Regis Town Council for information.
Main Entrance, Reception Area
- Key with tab and mobile contact number in KEY SAFE BOX on arrival.
- Host Joy is invariably around at Reception if required and available 24/7
- Level ground floor accommodation and flooring in Retreat & Acorns.
- Provision for service dogs, water bowl, exercise area, bedding.
- Free public Wifi.
- No grab rails in public areas.
- Acorns & Retreat exclusively for adults.
- All guests requiring wet clothes to be dried are catered for with washer driers and airer in each property.
- Walkers can wash and dry boots overnight. Public water taps in car park.
- Laundry washed with bio eco products.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- No bedrooms are suitable for wheel chair use.
- TVs have Freeview and Teletext.
- Routes in bedrooms unobstructed.
- Bedding: provided with full linen and towels.
- Duvets, seasonal togs, may be feather or non feather
- Sheet & blanket provided in wardrobe
- Please Notify us of any allergies
- Retreat King bed also has a feather topper which can easily be removed before arrival.
- Acorns Tempura Memory Foam mattress. Brass double bed.
- Information book provided
- Iron and board provided: Hair drier, torch and walking hi-vis jackets.
- Heating Radiators with thermostatic controls, electric fan heater and cooling fan.
- Pet free.
- Cushions – stuffed with feathers
- Floor surfaces – vinyl laminate and tiled.
- Taps are lever. Just ask for detailed information.
- Shower/bath non slip mats provided
- Slipper bath in Acorns has no handles on side of bath.
- Large shower cubicles in Acorns & Retreat.
- Underfloor heating in Retreat shower room.
Grounds and Gardens
- Laid to lawn with surrounding flower beds.
- Each property has a summer parasol with hand winder & cover
- Each property has summer outdoor cushions for the garden chairs.
- Each property has a summer garden bistro table set & 2 easy chairs.
- Gardens: level access and step access.
- Seats for resting.
- Use of field for walking.
- Security cameras in car park, drive and Reception – signs in place
- Car access to field or walking.
- STEPS: 10 to Retreat, 3 to Acorns. Easy risers.
- Evacuation procedures on information sheet. Assembly point marked in car park. Full fire emergency lighting in place and fire extinguishers.
- Staff have attended ‘Welcome All’ courses and courses in Customer Service, Food Safety, Fire Safety and Health & Safety.
- Service dogs welcome.
- Non smoking policy throughout inside of properties.
- We do not have background music. Staff on hand to assist with contact numbers in rooms and public areas inside and outside of property.
- Enclosed garden at Retreat. Enclosed Terrace at Acorns.
- We do not accept liability for recommended services or activities provided by a third party supplier
Fire Safety – For your peace of mind we comply with the Fire Safety Order of 2005 – which is now pertinent to all Guest Accommodations – which includes smoke, heat, carbon alarms, annually checked fire extinguishers (owner trained to use) and annual PAT testing with regular servicing inspections of all appliances.
Or just phone for a chat to see if we can meet your requirements. Assistance dogs i.e. guide and hearing dogs most welcome.
Hedgehog Corner Guest Accommodation
Lyme Road (B3165)
Uplyme, Nr. Axminster
Devon EX13 5SU
Email: please use contact form
To endeavour to welcome all and make and add improvements and equipment whenever and wherever possible as the opportunities arise.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve.
If you have any comments please get in touch.
We are proud to support The Professional Association of Self Caterers