Joy established Hedgehog Corner after returning to her roots following a career in London. Joy is a true local of the fifth generation – the daughter of a local farmer and cider maker – with a wealth of local knowledge to share with you. Joy can help you choose the best places to visit, cheapest parking spots and give an insight into the wide variety of fabulous places to eat locally from Hunters Lodge Inn within walking distance and River Cottage HQ just over a mile away – to the Hive Beach Café by the sea.
Our aim is to deliver excellent customer service and first class accommodation. We hope our achievements reassure future guests that a high level of hospitality and accommodation will be provided during their stay – as well as value for money and a warm welcome – all endorsed by professionals within the hospitality industry.
- 2017 World’s Top Ten Trip Advisor Traveller’s Choice 2017 Awards Rentals
- Winner Taste of the West & Gold Award (2013)
- Winner Guest Accommodation Devon Tourism (2013)
- Winner UK Green Tourism in Business & Gold Award (2013)
- 5 Star East Devon Environmental Health Rating for 2015
- Silver Award Guest Accommodation of the Year Devon Tourism 2011
- Bronze Award Sustainable Tourism Devon Tourism 2013
- Highly Commended Guest Accommodation South West Tourism 2012
- Highly Commended Sustainability South West Tourism 2013
- Finalist DEBI Awards 2013
- Staff Silver Award for “Outstanding Customer Service” South West Tourism 2013
- Staff Bronze Award for “Outstanding Customer Service” Devon 2012
- Prue Leith (Kensington) School of Cookery Diploma 1991
- Winner of Lyme Regis Best Garden Competition 2000, 2007 and 2011
- Wildlife Certificate of Merit 2013 Lyme Regis Garden Competition
- Welcome to Excellence NCFE + Visit Devon, Jurassic Coast & Gold Host.
- Jurassic Coast Quality in Business Accreditation
- Official Fundraiser for the Jurassic Coast Heritage Trust
- BQF Committed to Excellence Accreditation (EFQM/C2F) Programme Certificate
- Safer Food Better Business Certificate – EDDC
- Food Safety in Catering Certificate – CIEH
- Health & Safety Certificate – CIEH
- Working at Height Certificate -HST
- Included in Rose Prince (Telegraph’s Food Writer) “Guide to Local Produce” 2010, 2011 and 2012
- One of the “The Top 100 Places to Stay in England” Sunday Times Magazine & enjoyEngland
- Member of DEBI (Devon Environmental Business Initiative)
- Friend of South West Tourism Alliance
- Ambassador for East Devon AONB (Area of Outstanding National Beauty)
We are VAT registered which is a reflection of our transparency and success built up over 18 years in business. We do not add VAT to the rate but have absorbed it into our tariff – this keeps us competitively priced when compared to other accommodations.
Fire Safety: For your peace of mind we comply with the Fire Safety Order of 2005 – which is now pertinent to all Guest Accommodations.
Access Statement available on this web site or just phone for a chat to see if we can meet your requirements. Assistance dogs i.e. guide and hearing dogs most welcome.