Terms & Conditions
For The Retreat Cottage & Acorns Garden Apartment
- Adult only Accommodation at Hedgehog Corner are The Retreat, Acorns sleep 2 adults each
- Regret no pets or children of any age at Hedgehog Corner (Acorns & Retreat)
- We do not permit both properties to be booked at the same time by the same group
- Arrival 3pm onwards (please let us know if later than 9pm) Departure: 10.00am please.
- Bring your Key Safe Box code emailed to you prior to arrival (or phone us).
- Our mobile number is on your booking confirmation.
- Non-smoking inside any property. Fine outside in gardens.
- If your online booking is same day please phone as well to confirm on 01297 35514
- Please read Hot Tub paragraph below & full information on arrival
- We are not suitable for weddings, wedding hire or wedding preparations or anything involving groups/day visitors.
- Ideal for honeymoons and mini moons, birthdays, anniversaries.
- *if reading historic reviews please note our offer has changed for new bookings since 1.5.18 – we no longer supply a breakfast basket, reflected in the new tariff.
Please double check the dates and accommodation you have booked.
Tariff and Payment
- Payment is taken in full at time of booking or will be treated as a cancellation.
- Tariff includes use of own Hot Tub
- Tariff includes free wi fi.
- Beds made, refreshments on arrival, towels, 2 loo rolls, kitchen roll, toiletries.
- You do not need a Pay Pal account to make payment on line via Pay Pal
- Payment to be made at time of booking (or deemed cancelled).
- Only 1 offer may be redeemed per booking.
Minimum Stay: Usually 2 nights, some bank holidays/peak times 3.
Retreat & Acorns: Self Catering accommodation. Minimum stay 2 nights, 3 & 4 at some peak times.
Retreat & Acorns Includes use of 1 Hot Tub for your private use at your property. (*more Hot Tub info further down page).
Agency bookings: T&Cs as per agency used (which may differ from these).
Cancellations made for bookings made via our home web site www.hedgehogcorner.co.uk
- Written confirmation with reason needed to put into effect any cancellation.
- If re-let for full period booked, refund may be given less 10%.
- If you booked via an Agency i.e. Trip Advisor, Air BnB etc then it’s subject to their cancellation policy given at time of booking.
- No refunds for early departures.
- We are unable to offer transfer of bookings. Amendments subject to T&Cs.
- Any refunds are entirely at the sole discretion of the management whose decision is final. Correspondence cannot be entered into.
Please consider holiday insurance.
Towels, toiletries & Bedding provided – also spare swim wear if you forget yours
- Specialist Nomite & Downafresh pillows suitable for those with asthma – see Access Statement for more information.
- All linen and towels. Eco toiletries + starter items such as 2 loo rolls, dishwasher & washing machine tablets, tea towels, washing up liquid and cloths etc.
- Tub towels, plastic flip flop/sandal slippers, robes and poly carbonate hot tub glasses provided.
- Spare swimming suits/shorts provided if you forget yours!
- Any food and drink in our web site/advert photographs are for advertorial purposes only
- Please note we no longer provide a breakfast basket since May 2018.
Ring House of Flowers in Lyme Regis 01297 444743 www.houseofflowerslymeregis.co.uk to place and order for flowers, champagne, chocolates & balloons for delivery here. Order flowers a BASKET to save a vase and take home easily.
Check out Sally’s Fish Camp for a fascinating selection of fish “buckets” and “tasty treats” to have delivered to your accommodation www.sallysfishcamp.co.uk
Ensure your name and accommodation on card for flower/food arrivals and let me know so I am here to receive them for you.
Please be aware nuts, milk and wheat are used in some refreshments/biscuits provided on arrival. No smoking inside any property/accommodation.
Safe private sensor lit parking signed for Retreat in top car park to left, Acorns infront of main house or top car park. Mind steps to each property.
See Access Statement for details of steps etc.
Retreat & Acorns Apartment: rooms are not tidied daily. Lets of 7 days or more are offered linen change and clean.
Acorns & Retreat – broadband wi fi complimentary.
As a guest at these premises using the broadband facilities, the hirer and/or their guests agree that they will not use the service for unlawful or illegal purposes.
Hot Tubs – please read.
No Lone Bathing – one occupant must be aged over 16. Set at a constant 38c. We carry a spare hot tub in the event of any mechanical breakdown.
Bring your swimming suits. Tub towels, plastic flip flop/sandal slippers and robes provided. If required spare swim wear available at no extra charge.
Please no Fake Tan spray wearers to use hot tub as it renders them inoperable.
For your safety you must follow the safe bathing guide in information book and on laminated cards & next to the Hot Tub at your property and use the Hot Tub Towels, slippers provided and Hot Tub poly carbonate glassware.
*photographs (including food & drink) used on web site are for purely for advertising atmospheric purposes only.
Please no loud music next to the Hot Tub as others enjoy and stay at Hedgehog Corner.
In an Emergency evacuate Hot Tub. Electrical RCD Switch turn off on wall marked “emergency turn off switch”.
Report any pneumonia like symptoms immediately.
Read Safety Notice beside Hot Tub
Do not take glass or bottles in or near Hot Tub.
Do not drink water or submerge face in hot tub water.
Use of Tubs betweeen 8am and 10pm please
We have spare swimsuits/shorts if you forget to bring yours
Hanky Panky – please respect our hot tubs as they are very shy
Cover should be replaced when not in use to keep heat in and leaves out. Damage, abuse of safety rules, damaging tub, i.e. putting bubble bath, soap or shampoo in it or soiling it which requires either emptying and special recharge, sanitise and clean, there is a £50 fee if Tub abused or for recharging or if it prevents the next guests enjoying it on their day of arrival.
Should for any rare reason beyond our control your Hot Tub is not in use be reassured! We are able to offer use of our spare working Hot Tub in owners private garden adjacent to your garden – no inconvenience to you at all.
Please note the owner and or staff check the sanitiser of the Tub on a regular daily basis: we will try to do this when you are out and make every effort not to disturb you. Your safety in the Tub is of paramount importance and we follow the recommended HSE safety guidelines and you must read the user information supplied at the property and by the tub.
One promo per booking if more than one running at any time.
Regret we have to charge £5 + p&p (pro rata) as this involves a special trip to the Post Office and guests are leaving items on a regular basis!
Full Access Statement is available on Home page or please phone to discuss your requirements
Any accident or injury sustained in any circumstances on our premises must be reported immediately and a report filed in our Accident Book.
Candles &Smoking Flame effect battery candles provided. Please no live candles inside. Smoking outside property only please.
In the unlikely event of a major event forcing us to close any accommodation (e.g. electrical failure, fire damage) we give as much notice as possible and will refund any monies paid by you for a deposit or full payment, this being the full limitation of our responsibility to you. We will not accept liability for any of your travel costs or related expenses. We will endeavour to assist you in finding alternative accommodation if at all possible.
If you have a complaint we would appreciate you tell us personally whilst here so we have the opportunity to remedy it.
Damage & Extra Cleaning
Please do not cover any electric radiators with clothes or towels as it causes overheating and possible fire!
Please let me know at the time of breakage or if something isn’t working – I don’t bite! I want to replace or repair anything broken or not working for your enjoyment and that of the next guests. Please just let me know. Most small breakages we don’t charge for i.e. glass/mug.
We reserve the right to charge you for damage, extra cleaning or recover our insurance excess from you (e.g. breakages, red wine stains or hot tong marks) or to charge for missing items e.g. keys. The person who makes the booking is responsible for any damage and all payments. Please empty dishwasher and put everything back in it’s place on departure.
We don’t take a damages deposit but if property is left “in a state” beyond “reasonable” there is an extra charge.
I have had 20 years of experience in preparing holiday accommodation and fortunately guests leaving property “in an unreasonable state” is rare.
Your Safety for Peace of Mind
I should like to reassure guests this is a professionally run establishment of some 20 years in business complying with regulations pertaining to Hot Tub HSE Guidelines, Business Public Liability Insurance, Fire, Health and Safety, Food & Hot Tub inspected (5* rating certificate) from East Devon Council. Book with with confidence. We even carry a spare hot tub should it be needed.
We are one of the first accommodations in the UK to be accredited under the new “Safe, Clean & Legal” from Quality in Tourism 2018/19.
We hope that guests appreciate that these Terms and Conditions set out clearly and in detail are for all of our assistance and benefit.
The property has CCTV around the outside areas of the property with 8 public & prominent signs to notify guests as per legal requirements.
Miss Joy Raymond, Proprietor – a 20 year track record of excellence with numerous awards endorsed by professionals within the industry – see web site.